Pad fak thong is a very simple dish with a few ingredients but it is very common to find it in shops, and it is many people’s favourite. I think the reason might be because this is one of the few Thai foods that do not include chilli, so everyone can enjoy it – Charinya of @charinyas_kitchen
- 300g pumpkins, peeled, cut into chunks.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- ½ cup of water or stock
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce, to taste
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce, to taste
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 Spring onion, chopped
1. Add cooking oil in a fry pan then add chopped garlic and fry until fragrant.
2. Add pumpkins and mix well with garlic and oil.
3. Add water or stock to cover the pumpkins and cover with a lid for around 10-15 mins until the
pumpkins are soft and the liquid is reduced.
4. Add eggs and gently scramble them
5. Season with soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar.
6. Add chopped onions and cook for a further 2 mins.
Your stir fried pumpkins with egg is now ready to serve with rice alongside some other spicy dishes.
If you make my dishes please let me know, or tag me on my social media so I know if you like it.