Recipe:Mango Sticky Rice Tart with Coconut Sauce ทาร์ตข้าวเหนียวมะม่วง
I used butterfly pea flower dye for my tarts to add a nice blue colour but you can also use pandan for green or keep it as is.
I love these in a bite sized tart as they are great for parties and kids love them.- Warattaya Smith
Sweet Mango and sticky rice with coconut sauce always reminds me of home and is a popular dessert in Thailand. I used butterfly pea flower dye for my tarts to add a nice blue colour but you can also use pandan for green or keep it as is. I love these in a bite sized tart as they are great for parties and kids love them. You can get a pre-made tart but I love to make my own.
For the sticky rice:
- 500 grams glutinous rice/sticky rice
- 300 grams coconut cream
- 200 grams sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Soak rice in cold water for at least 5 hours then steam for 30 min
- Heat and mix rest of ingredients.
- After mixed, place a lid and stir every 10 minutes for 30 minutes.
For the mango
- Sweet yellow mangoes
For the coconut cream topping
- 150 grams. coconut cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp corn starch
Method: mix in pot and stir on low heat until thickened.
For the tart
- 140 grams all purpose flour\
- 40 grams icing sugar
- 95 grams unsalted butter
- ½ mixed egg
- Flour, Icing suger, butter and egg in blender until a sandy texture
- Place onto work bench and kneed together. Form into a disc cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 1 hour
- Place into workbench and flatten with rolling pin till about 3/4cm deep.
- Cut the pastry and press into tart mould. Use fork to press into the bottom then back into fridge for 30 minutes or
freezer until firm.
- Preheat oven 175C
- Place tarts onto baking tray with non-stick paper and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Let tart cool for 5 minutes before removing from mould.