Thai Red Curry Sausage Roll
Here is a food I like to bring and people seem to really enjoy. The dish is a little twist on a classic Thai dish, red curry – Charinya of @charinyas_kitchen
Can you believe we are now in December and Christmas is just a few weeks away? At this time of the year I think many of you may search for recipes for finger food to share among friends and family. This may be for morning or afternoon tea, for a party in the backyard or Christmas pot luck party. Here is a food I like to bring and people seem to really enjoy. The dish is a little twist on a classic Thai dish, red curry.
So please let me share with you my Thai red curry sausage rolls. Sausage rolls are a favourite party food, and adding red curry paste gives it a slight kick. I’m sure your guests and whoever you cook this for will really enjoy these special sausage rolls.
- 2 ready roll puff pastry, defrosted
- 500g sausage mince
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ medium size onion, diced
- ½ carrots granted
- 1-1.5 tbsp. Red curry paste
- ½ tsp Palm sugar
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce or a little salt to taste.
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- ¼ cup Panko breadcrumbed or normal breadcrumbed
- 1 egg plus 1 yolk, beaten
- ¼ cup chopped spring onion and coriander
- Black and white sesame seed for sprinkle
- Tomato sauce or Sweet chilli sauce to serve.
- Preheat oven 190c fan force and prepare baking tray.
- Using a fry pan add oil and garlic. Fry for a few minutes then add onions.
- Add red curry paste and fry until fragrant.
- Season with palm sugar and fish sauce.
- Turn off the heat, leave to cool down.
- In a mixing bowl, add sausage mince, red curry mixer from step no.5
- Add breadcrumb, chopped coriander and spring onion to the bowl and mix well. Set
- Cut ready-rolled puff pastry in half lengthways.
- Divide the sausage mixture into 4 parts and spread along the length of each pastry
leaving a 1cm on both edge.
- Roll the pastry around the sausage mixture and brush the ends with beaten egg to
- Cut each roll into 6 pieces or more if you prefer smaller piece then place on a baking
- Brush over the pastry with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with black and white sesame seeds.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25-30 mins until the pastry is puffed and crisp and the
meat has cooked through.
- Remove the sausage roll from the oven and serve with tomato sauce or sweet chilli