Rad na, is a Thai-Chinese noodle dish. It is made with stir-fried noodles and then covered in a sauce made of stock and tapioca starch. The noodles commonly used are thick rice noodles, but again the recipe also works with thin rice noodles – Charinya Ruecha of @charinyas_kitchen
There are two simple steps in cooking rad na. The first is quickly stir frying the noodles with dark soy sauce on a high heat. The second step is preparing the gravy (sauce) then pouring it over the noodles.
First of all let’s see the ingredients.
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 100g Sen mee thin rice noodle
- 100g chicken or pork
- 1 tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp tapioca flour (for the marinade)
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour mix with plus 3 tbsp water (for gravy)
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 100 g Vegetable such as baby corn, mushroom, carrot, bok choy
- 1 tbs chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp salted soy beans
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Condiment: red chilli with vinegar
1. Marinate pork with soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and tapioca flour and leave in the fridge
for 30 mins.
2. Add dark soy sauce to the noodles and mix well.
3. In a fry pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil on a very high heat. Add noodles and quickly stir-fry. When
the noodles are cooked remove from the wok and set aside.
4. Add 1 tbsp of cooking oil in the wok then add garlic and fry until fragrant. Add the
marinated chicken and sauté for 2 mins.
5. Add vegetables and stir fry for 1 mins then add salted soy beans.
6. Add stock or water and bring to boil. Taste and adjust with sugar and soy sauce if required.
7. Stir in mixed tapioca flour until the sauce thickens.
8. Pour the gravy over the noodle and serve with cut chilli and vinegar.
Happy cooking and stay safe