The dish is turmeric chicken skewers, which are particularly well suited to Australian summers. This is our family’s favourite dish. I have cooked this dish many times and I am always satisfied – Charinya Ruecha of @charinyas_kitchen
- 500g diced chicken thighs
- 6 clove garlic (small)or 4 big clove
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 12 bamboo skewers
1. Using mortar and pesto grind together garlic, white pepper and salt until a paste is formed.
2. Add the paste from 1. into the chicken then add sugar, turmeric and oyster sauce then mix well.
3. Marinate the chicken for at least 1 hr.
4. Thread the chicken onto the skewers like making a “kebab”.
5. The chicken skewers are ready to grill or BBQ over medium heat until slightly charred on the
outside and cooked through on the inside.