The word ‘Neua’ means beef and “dad deow” is one sunlight, so as the name suggests it is dried no longer than that. I like to say it is “semi- dried beef” more than just “dried beef” – Charinya of @charinyas_kitchen
- 1 kg Beef, such as sirloin, chuck or brisket
- 2 tbsp. Fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. Oyster sauce
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 2 tbsp. Sesame seeds
1. Cut the beef into strips and add the rest of the ingredients. Give it a good mix and marinate overnight
2. Next day lay the beef strips on a rack, a bamboo platter or if you can find beef drying equipment which also has a net to protect against flies that would be good.
3. Leave the beef in full sun for 3-4 hours or a longer or shorter time depending on the weather. Another option is to dry the beef in an oven with a very low temperature.
4. Cook the beef by frying (I cooked mine in an Air fryer)
Serve the beef with sticky rice as or as part of the meal alongside other dishes. I like to make a big batch and put some in a zip lock bag and keep it in the freezer. You can cook the beef when it straight out of the freezer, so no need to defrost first.