Here is a food I like to bring and people seem to really enjoy. The dish is a little twist on a classic Thai dish, red curry – Charinya of @charinyas_kitchen
So please let me share with you my Thai red curry sausage rolls. Sausage rolls are a favourite party food, and adding red curry paste gives it a slight kick. I’m sure your guests and whoever you cook this for will really enjoy these special sausage rolls.
- 2 ready roll puff pastry, defrosted
- 500g sausage mince
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ medium size onion, diced
- ½ carrots granted
- 1-1.5 tbsp. Red curry paste
- ½ tsp Palm sugar
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce or a little salt to taste.
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- ¼ cup Panko breadcrumbed or normal breadcrumbed
- 1 egg plus 1 yolk, beaten
- ¼ cup chopped spring onion and coriander
- Black and white sesame seed for sprinkle
- Tomato sauce or Sweet chilli sauce to serve.
1. Preheat oven 190c fan force and prepare baking tray.
2. Using a fry pan add oil and garlic. Fry for a few minutes then add onions.
3. Add red curry paste and fry until fragrant.
4. Season with palm sugar and fish sauce.
5. Turn off the heat, leave to cool down.
6. In a mixing bowl, add sausage mince, red curry mixer from step no.5
7. Add breadcrumb, chopped coriander and spring onion to the bowl and mix well. Set
8. Cut ready-rolled puff pastry in half lengthways.
9. Divide the sausage mixture into 4 parts and spread along the length of each pastry
leaving a 1cm on both edge.
10. Roll the pastry around the sausage mixture and brush the ends with beaten egg to
11. Cut each roll into 6 pieces or more if you prefer smaller piece then place on a baking
12. Brush over the pastry with beaten egg.
13. Sprinkle with black and white sesame seeds.
14. Place in the oven and cook for 25-30 mins until the pastry is puffed and crisp and the
meat has cooked through.
15. Remove the sausage roll from the oven and serve with tomato sauce or sweet chilli